Free & Fast delivery = 3-4 working days

BabyFloat ® Swim Ring

From 29.99 now

19.99

Free delivery!

Why the BabyFloat doesn't hurt your baby's neck

 

Is the BabyFloat not bad for the neck? Is a question we get regularly. If you see a picture or a video of a baby enjoying the BabyFloat, you are thinking about how it would be for the baby's neck. Did you know that the body of a baby is different from that of an adult? Let me explain to you how it works. The neck is flexible and very strong. The forces that a baby experiences during a natural birth to the spine and neck are many times more intense than what your child experiences when using the BabyFloat. The same they experience during the period when a baby tries to lift their head off the mat or when they drop their head when they fall asleep when they are in an upright position. Did you know that in many cultures around the world they give newborns massages of the spine to promote growth and development? http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0277953687902267

 

Why is the BabyFloat a good fit for a baby?

 

1. Babies have larger heads. The body proportions of babies are very different from those of older children and adults. The head of a baby is about 25% of the entire body mass. Approximately 25% of the child's weight if therefore supported by the BabyFloat. The remaining 75% is in the water. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3400202

2. Babies have more fat. Did you know that babies float better than adults? This is because a baby has more fat percentage than an adult. The body of a 4 months old baby has about 25% fat mass. Fat is less dense than water and therefore floats. Approximately 80% of the remaining 75% fat-free mass is water.  https://academix.oup.com/ajcn/article/76/5/1096/4689585

3. The BabyFloat is seamless and has no edges which make it comfortable around the neck. If this still hasn't convinced you I'm sure your baby's smile will!